[sustran] Re: sustran-discuss V1 #634

prema gopalan premag at bom5.vsnl.net.in
Wed May 10 10:25:22 JST 2000

Dear Mr. Koirala,
I am encouraged by your campaignto educate people on safety.As eric
suggested that you involve school children,I would suggest you may include
community/local women's groups.In what follows are methods SSP (the
organisation I work with)used in the earthquake safety campaign in
maharashtra to reach out to over 2,00,000 households.
Target if possible --distribution of leaflets with stalls at religious
fairs(where large no:s of people gather)
Involve community  women's groups /Mahila Mandals in safety education(they
are likely to continue it)
Partner with the elected members to local govt.(which I am sure you must be
doing)
develop street plays which can be staged at schools and street corners.
Regular T>V and media clips
Starting with the traffic safety week I notice that you have planned many
events.It is best to have a year plan -as people take time to join in and
should be given many chances to do so.And I hope that the traffic week will
result in a Citizens for safety group which will support this work in the
city.
 If you need any more info --ssp2000 at vsnl.com or premag at bom5.vsnl.net.in

Best wishes,

Prema Gopalan