[sustran] fwd: Kathmandu Traffic Week 2000

SUSTRAN Resource Centre sustran at po.jaring.my
Mon May 1 16:27:50 JST 2000

Forwarding bounced message, Paul.
--------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 09:10:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: kumar koirala <kkkoirala at yahoo.com>
Subject: Traffic Week- 2000
To: Eric.Britton at ecoplan.org
Cc: sustran-discuss at jca.ax.apc.org

Dear Eric,

               Since longtime  I was thinking to
contact you as I came to know about you through  Aryal
Rajendra . As you know we are going to launch an
traffic education and awareness campaign since 24 of
May 2000 for a week in Kathmandu.Your safety Our
concern will be the slogan of this week .Target group
of this programme are the road users of Kathmandu
which seems to be a vague one. However we will reach
to the Padestrians , Public transport Drivers and the
schoolbus drivers,students as well as parents,
Motorcyclists, Bi-cyclists and the tourist sectors
drivers. Altogether two hundred thousands leaflets
will be distributed and classes will be conducted for
different target groups.Posters , Banners will be
displayed and distributed.Many other programmes will
be conducted in that period.

            This programme will be the begining of the
education programme  but we will try to continue this
programme for the whole year although may not be in
this level.

             Somany organisations are voluntarily
participating in this programme.In this regard I would
like to request for your valuable suggestions so that
we will be able to launch an effective campaign.
If you have any querries please feel free to contact
me through this e-mail or "traffic at mail.com.np.

           With warm regards

Sincerely Yours

Kumar Koirala