[sustran] Re: Reducing number of cars on the road

ÀÌÁ¾È£ jhrhee at kuic.kyonggi.ac.kr
Tue Mar 28 11:31:58 JST 2000

Dear Debi Goenka:

Yes, we tried same scheme few years ago in Seoul. After serious arguments between government officials and transport planners, the scheme has been terminated.
That kind of simple scheme(not a policy) may be applied under the emergency case such as Olympic game period. Now, the scheme has been applied voluntarily in government buildings. The city govenment's policy has been changed to reduce auto demand by economic approches such as congestion pricing (you have to pay 2000won when you enter the CBD with less than 3 persons in your car), and increasing gas price, and so on.  Good luck!

Jongho Rhee
Dept. of Urban and Transportation Eng.
Kyonggi University
Seoul and Suwon, South Korea

-----¿øº» ¸Þ½ÃÁö-----
º¸³½ »ç¶÷: Debi Goenka <debi.beag at SoftHome.net>
¹Þ´Â »ç¶÷: Sustran <sustran-discuss at jca.ax.apc.org>
³¯Â¥: 2000³â 3¿ù 28ÀÏ È­¿äÀÏ ¿ÀÀü 9:22
Á¦¸ñ: [sustran] Reducing number of cars on the road