[sustran] Negative thoughts on metro in general (and on from there)

eric.britton at ecoplan.org eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Sat Mar 18 19:49:40 JST 2000

Dear Colleagues,

In 1972 or thereabouts a referendum was held in Zurich in an attempt to get
public confirmation for a planned new metro project there. The expert
proposal, despite strong political backing, was not approved by the
electorate, with results that we all now know.

My question to you this morning is this: Can anyone out there point us to
some links or email us some materials that tell this interesting story.
Truth is, I received a Ford Foundation grant back then to look at a trio of
failed transportation initiatives (the others were the Third London Airport
and the proposed Voie Express Rive Gauche here in Paris) and wrote up a
pretty good report on it, but in my cosmic disorganization I can find no
trace of all our hard work.

Kind thanks if you come up with anything on this.

With all good wishes,

Eric Britton

ecopl at n ___  technology, economy, society  ___
Eric.Britton at ecoplan.org     URL www.ecoplan.org
Voice/Videoconference +331.4441.6340 (1-4)
Voicemail/Fax hotline: Europe +331 5301 2896
Voicemail/Fax hotline: North America +1 888 522 6419 (toll free)