Cox & Litman V5 & Bruun

Milnor H. Senior, III msenior at uswest.net
Sat Mar 11 10:11:57 JST 2000

Dear Wendell,
    The research I referred to came from "Urban Mobility:  An International
Perspective,"  in Routes/Roads, July 1995.  I could not find my copy in all my
research materials but as I recall the quote in the article is close to this:
'Buses are slowing as congestion increases.  The average overall speed
achieved on busways ranges from 6 to 17 mph.  These low speeds are a function
of frequent stops and the degree of priority at junctions.'  Hope this helps.
    Sincerely,
    Milnor H. Senior, III