[sustran] Re: Negative thoughts on metro in general (and on from there)

Negron Poblete Paula negronpp at MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Fri Mar 10 04:05:47 JST 2000

I don't think metros are the worst choice we can make, but let's get a bit real.
Imagine a third world metropolis,which has multiple
deficiencies: health,education, urban transport,culture, etc. Does it seem fair
to invest a hughe amount of money in a subway system instead of investing in
some other aspects that are equaly important? Does it sound sobad to invest in
alternative modes like express buses or double buses?

Paula NEGRON POBLETE
Faculte de l'Amenagement
Universite de Montreal