Negative thoughts on metro in general

Hoque, Kazi kazi.hoque at ic.ac.uk
Thu Mar 9 03:36:28 JST 2000

I believe in the statement of  " that there should be horses for courses."

However the tram example in Budapest is not the fault of the metro but with
the planners who designed the systems.  Of course you must have the the
adequate market for a mass metro system. I believe the main reason for the
metro system is to maintain the beauty of Budapest. Budapest is an old city,
with old city problems.  If the metro system was limited. Would the tram
infrastructure cope with the demand?  Costs should not be a deciding factor
to alleviate the transport problems.

If people are getting fed up with this discussion, please inform us so.

Kazi Hoque