[sustran] "Autosaurus Awards" - Your Chance to Vote for the Biggest Culprits

Car Busters carbusters at ecn.cz
Tue Jun 6 21:55:31 JST 2000

Dear All

We at Car Busters magazine think it is about time that The Autosaurus Awards
were born. We want to name and shame the dinosaurs in our midst who refuse
to admit that the end of the automobile age is coming. To present awards to
those who go so far as to commit the worst abuses in support of forcing car
culture on other nations, paving the planet, resource extraction in national
parks or tribal homes, corruption to prop up car culture or industries, etc.

In this we ask you to look at the following categories for the Awards
Ceremony, and nominate your preference - politician, corporate leaders, the
people in power.

Please give us a paragraph explanation of why you have named the
person/industry that you have, in order that we may chose the final winners.
(All reasons for nomination should be related to cars/roadbuilding/oil
extraction etc.. - the various aspects of car culture, even if the award
title does not necessarily demand it.)

The Award Categories are the following:

* Most Unbelievable "And Still they Got Away With it" Corporate Act
* Biggest Abuse of Public Trust - Government
* Biggest Abuse of Public Trust - Industry
* "I Love my Phallic Symbols" - Most Rampantly Pro-Car Magazine/TV Programme
* "Sneaking Round the Corridors" - Most Dangerous Transport Lobbying Group
* Most Convincing "Green" Politician to Betray the Environment.
* Worst Government Sponsored Environmental Abuse
* Most Disgustingly Pro-Car Celebrity
* Lifetime Dis-Achiement for Car Related Destruction
* The Special Dinosaurus Award - if there is a specific piece of political
balderdash, corporate destruction or abuse, or anything else that you know
of, which does not fit into any of these categories but which certainly
deserves an Autosaurus Award, then tell us all about it and the worst of all
wins!

For each nominee, please can you include their contact information, which
can be published next to their names should they win a prize. Should you
know where me will be able to get hold of a photograph of the CEO or
Politician in question, we would appreciate your including this information
as well.

If you cannot complete these questions but know someone who can, please
forward them this e-mail. All responses should be returned to
carbusters at ecn.cz, and we would appreciate your responses by Monday 12 June.

Thank you

Best Wishes

Debbie, Kim, Ivana and Randy

CAR BUSTERS Magazine and Resource Centre
Krátká 26, 100 00 Praha 10, Czech Republic
Tel: +(420) 2-781-08-49 ; Fax: +(420) 2-781-67-27
<carbusters at ecn.cz> <www.carbusters.ecn.cz>