[sustran] Re: Residential Sound Insulation

Alan P Howes alanhowes at usaksa.com
Sat Jul 29 05:07:53 JST 2000

In the UK, legislation enacted in the 70s? provided for compensation
for home owners (occupiers?) affected by noise from highway (and
other?) projects. In fact I myself received UKP 900 when a highway was
built about 250m. from my house, leading to a perceptible (but slight)
ambient noise increase.

But I am afraid I can't give you any more references. Nor can I tell
you how the costs of compensation compare with costs of sound
insulation.

--
Alan Howes, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (Otherwise Perthshire, Scotland)
alanhowes at usaksa.com [home] ** WORKING AGAIN (as long as the string holds!] **