[sustran] Residential Sound Insulation

arorap at u.washington.edu arorap at u.washington.edu
Wed Jul 26 21:40:30 JST 2000

The Puget Sound Region is planning on building a light rail line through the
city.  There is a potential that the line will be built above ground in some
areas and will take up additional ROW on arterial streets.  To accommodate
the road will have to be widened and it will move vehicle traffic closer to
residential homes.  There is a concern that this will impose higher than
normal noise issues in these neighborhoods.  We are looking at noise
barriers and noise barrier programs that may have been implemented for
similar projects to use as a paradigm for our project.  If you have had
experience working on developing a similar project or know of someone that
has I am very interested in getting some feedback about the experience and
suggestions on ways to make it as successful as possible.
Thank you,
Pamela Arora