[sustran] Car Free City Annual Honor Roll

ecoplan (paris) eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Wed Jul 12 02:42:01 JST 2000

The Sunday call for ideas and support of this concept has received an
enthusiastic and informed reception - to the point where we have now set up
a special site for the discussions which you can access by going first to
The Commons at http://www.ecoplan.org and from there clicking CarFree Honor
Roll on the menu.

To support the discussions in one convenient place, we have opened up the
@ccess on the Web Forum at access-forum at egroups.com, which address you can
use to post letters and materials which may help this group effort. You no
longer need to sign in or join in order either to post or access the various
sections of this site.  If you have enclosures, however, I would ask you to
post them to me directly at the below address.  Better still, if you can
just give us the link.

Again, the goal is to have enough information, structure and common sense in
hand so that a good pair of lists can be prepared (not to forget the Badge
of Shame nominees as well) for a high profile announcement on the occasion
of both the @World Car Free Day on September 21st and the European Car Free
Day on the 22nd.

One idea might be to have Country Lists and nominations as well, to spur,
pinch and push cities on to do better. So often emulation helps do the
trick, especially when the example, good or horrid, is right close at hand.

There is quite a bit of work to be done to make this one stick, so if you
have ideas, time and the will, it will be great to have you join us.

Eric Britton

The Commons ___  technology, economy, society  ___
Eric.Britton at ecoplan.org     URL www.ecoplan.org