[sustran] Re: fwd: Singapore bicycle loan scheme

SUSTRAN Network Secretariat sustran at po.jaring.my
Thu Jan 27 10:27:00 JST 2000

At 08:47 25/01/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Wow! this is just what we need here in South Africa.
>
>Could you please put me in contact with Capital City Posters?

The partner company is Adshel - see http://www.adshel.com

There may be a problem for anyone wanting to do this in lower-income
cities. The Smartbike schemes by Adshel are funded entirely by advertising
on the bikes and on the docking stations.  So I imagine that they may
require a certain level of income of the people in the area in order for
the space to be attractive enough to advertisers.

I hope this helps.

Paul.

A. Rahman Paul BARTER
Sustainable Transport Action Network for Asia
and the Pacific (the SUSTRAN Network)
P.O. Box 11501, Kuala Lumpur 50748, Malaysia.
TEL/FAX: +(60 3) 2274 2590
E-mail: sustran at po.jaring.my

The SUSTRAN Network promotes and popularises
people-centred, equitable and sustainable transport
with a focus on Asia and the Pacific.