[sustran] Air Pollution - Delhi, Etc.

Wendell Cox wcox at publicpurpose.com
Thu Jan 20 06:30:57 JST 2000

Within the last week there has been some discussion of the level of air
pollution in Delhi. The following chart is republished from the London Times
2000-01-17, with comparative evaluations of air pollution in urban areas
over 10m --- Delhi ranks fourth, with cleaner air only in Mumbai, New York
and London, according to this source. The rankings in this chart do not
reflect my experience, or what I hear. Does anyone know what is going on.

http://www.publicpurpose.com/who-arip.gif

Chart was in an article that I found searching the site, so I cannot give a
url... Headline was "Traffic Fumes do not Harm London's Health."

Best regards,
Wendell Cox

--
WENDELL COX CONSULTANCY: International Public Policy, Economics, Labor,
Transport & Strategic Planning

THE PUBLIC PURPOSE: Internet Public Policy Resource:
http://www.publicpurpose.com
     Transport Policy Discussion Group:
http://www.publicpurpose.com/ut-group.htm

DEMOGRAPHIA: http://www.demographia.com
     Urban Policy Discussion Group: http://www.demographia.com/db-group.htm

Telephone +1 618 632 8507; Fax  +1 618 632 8538 - P.O. Box 841- Belleville,
Illinois 62222 USA

"To facilitate the ideal of government as the servant  of the people by
identifying and implementing strategies to achieve public purposes at a
cost that is no higher than necessary."