[sustran] Velo Mondial Interactive Training Programme

Interface for Cycling Expertise i-ce at cycling.nl
Fri Jan 14 20:56:20 JST 2000

Dear sir, madam,

I-ce, Interface for Cycling Expertise is organising a special week
of training on cycling for urban planners, traffic experts, cycling
unionists and others interested in bicycle policy.

The training will take place within the framework of the Vélo
Mondial 2000 conference, consisting of a world conference on
cycling, the training and a bicycle festival. Vélo Mondial 2000
will take place in Amsterdam from 19 till 22 June.

In the following week, from Monday 26 till Friday 30 June, I-ce
offers a unique training programme which aims at giving an
overview of the potential of cycling in practice and of the
importance to integrate it in all relevant policy issues, traffic and
non-traffic. The training will give the participants tools to make
and carry out policy plans. The training will also deal with the
importance and how to organise the involvement of partners
(government, business and community groups). A lot of attention
will be given to the several aspects of cycling and how you can
meet the different wishes of the different groups (i.e. cycling to
work, cycling as a sport). Furthermore, the training will focus on
the planning and the realisation of provisions for  bicycles.

For more information I would like to refer you to our website
(http://www.cycling.nl). Or just email to: training-ice at cycling.nl

With kind regards,

Ms Verele de Vreede
Training coordinator