[sustran] Re: bike vs transit commuting times

ITDP mobility at igc.org
Thu Feb 24 08:35:26 JST 2000

Well, my door-to door commute in Manhattan is about 25 minues BOTH by bike and
by subway.  And that is my pedal power competing against the 7th Avenue express
subway, one of the fastest ways to get around in any city. (It goes express from
96th to 34th Streets with only 2 stops in between).  The bus would take at least
twice as long, since it stops every 4 streets or so. ---Deike