[sustran] fwd: Bank Information Center toolkit for activists

SUSTRAN Network Secretariat sustran at po.jaring.my
Wed Feb 9 11:33:34 JST 2000

Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 14:43:21 -0500
To:      <recipient list deleted>
From: Georg Rohde <info at bicusa.org>
Subject: Toolkits for Activists: A User's Guide to the Multilateral
  Development Banks

Dear Friends,

We would like to announce the Bank Information Center's latest
publication, our new

Toolkits for Activists: A User's Guide to the Multilateral Development Banks.

Given all the recent changes at the World Bank, including reorganizations,
new or revised policies, and increases in lending for economic adjustment
and private sector investments, we thought it was time to produce these
Toolkits to help citizens more effectively engage with and influence the
Bank.

At the end of this e-mail, you will find an order form to fill in and
return to Janna van der Meulen at <info at bicusa.org>.  You can also download
a full-text version of the Toolkits from our web site
<http://www.bicusa.org>, or print out an order form from there.

Besides the English version, we are in the process of producing Spanish,
Russian, Bahasa Indonesian, and Khmer versions together with our partners
in the regions.  Please contact us if you are interested in Toolkits in
either one of these languages and we will put you on a list of people to
send them out to when they are available.

This first set of five Toolkits provides a basic overview of the World
Bank, and includes tips on how to get information from the Bank, how the
Country Assistance Strategies work, what the Bank's environmental and
social policy framework looks like, and an introduction to the IFC and
MIGA, among other things.  Future Toolkits will include information on
citizen advocacy strategies, the Bank's ever-changing structure, policies
and new loan instruments, and new Bank interests in governance and human
rights issues.  A Toolkit on the Inter-American Development Bank will be
produced this year.

We will be adding sections as we continue to hear from our friends and
colleagues, and as we learn about new problems and approaches.

Best regards,

The BIC team

Toolkits for Activists Order Form

Name:

Address:

City and Postal Code:

Country:

How many copies:

I am interested in ____ copies of the following foreign-language version of
the Toolkits:

I would like to be notified when new Toolkits become available: yes/no

(Fill this form in and return to info at bicusa.org.  You can also fax to USA
(202) 737-1155.

Bank Information Center
733 15th Street NW