[sustran] Regulation of Road Transport

Alan P Howes alanhowes at usaksa.com
Tue Feb 8 04:16:13 JST 2000

Hi everybody -

I am looking for information on road transport regulatory regimes
world-wide, following a request from the Ministry of Communications
here in Saudi Arabia. Ideally, I would like a sample of schemes from
various parts of the world, including perhaps US (Federal and State
level), Canada, UK (which I know pretty well), perhaps Brazil, Turkey,
another European or two, a few in the Pacific Rim, etc.

I am interested in such things as the categories of service or vehicle
by which regulations are applied, the subject areas which regulations
cover, the objectives of the system, etc.

And my ex-boss who is now at the Ministry would like something by
Saturday 12th Feb! In view of the dreadful post system here, that
means I would appreciate anything someone can email me, or references
to web resources. (I already have something on Europe.) Material
received after that date would no doubt still be useful though.

Thanks for any assistance that you can give.
--
Alan Howes, Special Advisor (Operations)
Saudi Public Transport Company, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
alanhowes at usaksa.com
PLEASE DO NOT SEND LARGE MESSAGES (>100kB) WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE

*** A debt-free start for a billion people in the world's poorest  ***
*** countries - Jubilee 2000, http://www.jubilee2000uk.org         ***