[sustran] Re: dedicated busway, more buses

Ananthakrishnan ganant at vsnl.com
Wed Aug 2 03:27:22 JST 2000

Many thanks for the responses. Will try to get these points clarified
earliest.  The Government of the State in question is in the grip of an
entirely unrelated crisis - one of its prominent actors was kidnapped by
forest bandits a day after the busway report appeared. We will unfortunately
have to wait for this crisis (which has led to riots and arson in Bangalore)
to blow over before working on such mundane things as transport.  Just one
of those Indian peculiarities.
Ananthakrishnan