[sustran] Re: sustran-discuss V1 #677

mnichols at baaqmd.gov mnichols at baaqmd.gov
Tue Aug 1 02:32:59 JST 2000

One of the most important recent
studies of "induced" traffic is:

Mark Hanson and Yuanlin Huang, "Road
Supply and Traffic in California Urban
Areas", Transportation Research, volume
31A, No. 3, 1997, pp. 205-18.

Matt Nichols
Transportation Fund for Clean Air
Bay Area Air Quality Management
District
mnichols at baaqmd.gov

Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 11:55:01 +0530
From: Debi Goenka <debi at beag.net>
Subject: [sustran] Road building

I am urgently looking for material that will establish the
point that additional road building does not really help in
the long run since the additional traffic that it generates
soon clogs the new roads as well as the old one.

Case studies/reports from American cities would be most
useful.

Any links to any websites would also be most useful.

Many thanks and cheers

Debi Goenka
- --

Debi Goenka