[sustran] Re: Reducing number of cars on the road

Milnor H. Senior, III msenior at uswest.net
Mon Apr 3 07:04:13 JST 2000

Dear Mr. Holland,
     Light weight vehicles which can travel at high speeds already exist.  They
are called bicycles and they are the most efficient form of transportation
known.  What is holding back the transportation potential of bicycles is the lack
of bicycle specific infrastructure.  Please see my web site at www.biketrans.com
to see some possibilities for building cycling infrastructure which will allow us
to reach cycling potential.  Please keep in mind that cycling not only can meet
individuals transportation needs it can also improve their health as well as
reduce environmental damage.  Plus bicycles are extremely affordable and can
outperform motor vehicles in urban areas.
    Sincerely,
    Milnor H. Senior, III
    President - Bicycle Transportation Systems, Inc.