[sustran] fwd: Query - Traffic Management in Bombay

SUSTRAN Resource Centre sustran at po.jaring.my
Fri Oct 22 08:30:27 JST 1999

From: "India Centre" <huright at giasbm01.vsnl.net.in>
To: <sustran at po.jaring.my>
Subject: Query - Traffic Management in Bombay
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 17:24:47 +0530

Dr A. Rahman Paul BARTER,
I had written a few weeks ago about traffic management for Bombay City.
Our case has been admitted in Court.
We now need information about
1) How do we curb the exponential increase of private vehicles in Bombay.
What strategies have been used to prevent car owners from buying the second
and third car.

2) How do we institute pedestrian plazas in the city.

3) Do we have information about cities which have started using double
decker trains to encourage more people to use the metro. I know they do
this in Zurich but I need reports to substantiate my claim.  Would you have
reports like how much cost it would save.

We have to fight a very strong car lobby so I need very accurate
information that I can use it in Court.

Hope to hear from you.
Warm regards,
Deepika