[sustran] Oslo PRT development - update

Arno Mong Daastoel arno at daastol.com
Tue Oct 12 15:39:49 JST 1999

Dear all of you!
Due to problems related to co-ordination (=me) our website has been down for a long month.
It now works well again: http://sportaxi.com

We have had talks with the Ministry of Transportation (through support by its Secretary) who said transit to the Fornebu development-area (former airport of Oslo) is to be rail. End of story. (The state organisations reached this result after long internal bargaining and don't want us to set off another discussion - rock the boat.)
But we are welcome come up with solutions to internal transport for the Fornebu development-area (10 times the investments of the 1994 Winter Olympics at Lillehammer, Norway). - However, if there are to be heavy rails going out there, there is a chance that the politicians will be satisfied with conventional busses for internal transport. It is our taks to make it otherwise.

Also we are in talks with yet another municipality in the Oslo area with relatively large construction plans in a virgin area who are in desperate need of an innovative approach to public transport. If they cannot come up with this, the Ministry of Environment will not allow development. Trams and light rail is out of the question.

And yet again, we are in talks with other municipalities in Norway who have siimilar problems.

We have also approached, among others, Pivco or Think - the EV - electric vehicle - company that recently was bought by Ford, in order to join forces since our ideas converge on several issues.

Best wishes!
Vennlig hilsen!

Arno

Arno Mong Daastøl
Co-ordinator, Norsk Sportaxi a.s. P.O. Box 11,
Fekjan 7C, N-1312 Slependen, Norway
Ph: +47. 66 84 76 40 Fax: +47. 66 84 76 70
Email: amd at sportaxi.com URL: http://sportaxi.com
Automated individual people movers for smart cities - speedy, safe and green

Private: Utsiktsveien 34, N-1410 Kolbotn, Norway
Ph: (prefix 47) W: 6680 6373 Pr: 6680 6523, Fax: 6699 5325
Mobile: 9002 4956, Voice Box and Mobile Fax: 9403 5650
Email: am at daastol.com URL: http://daastol.com

PhD Cand. Department of Public Economics, University of Maastricht
SUM - Centre for Development and Environment, University of Oslo