[sustran] Re: diesel price

Duarte Rosa Filho duarterf at ez-poa.com.br
Tue Oct 12 07:43:33 JST 1999

Greetings from Brazil.
Unaffortunately, here in Brazil we have a lot of experience with diesel
price increases.
This policy wil induce more inflation, because transportation is a great
part of low income persons expenses, besides, it´s a large part of the
transportation costs of merchandises.
Certainly, there will be fares increases.
May be, a cross subsidy from taxes on gasoline, would help to finance the
diesel prices increase.
Hope these short comments will help you.
My business card is attached.
Sincerely,
Duarte