[sustran] Re: alt-transp Transport award criteria

Todd Litman litman at islandnet.com
Tue Oct 5 02:37:32 JST 1999

At 12:51 PM 10/04/1999 +1200, Elizabeth Yeaman wrote:
>The New Zealand Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority is introducing
>a new award for the transport sector as part of the annual New Zealand
>energy efficiency awards.  The award would be for a transport demand
>management or transport energy efficiency initiative.  We are currently
>considering criteria for judging the award.  Is anyone aware of any similar
>awards in other countries, and if so what the criteria are for comparing
>different entries?  Any information or suggestions would be welcome.

Greetings from North America!

The U.S. EPA's Office of Mobile Sources has a "Way to Go" program that
honors communities and businesses that implement effective TDM programs.
For information see their website at
http://www.epa.gov/orcdizux/transp/comchoic/waytogo.htm. I didn't see any
specific evaluation criteria but it should be available from program
managers. The Office of Mobile Sources website has lots of other useful
information on demand management, including a database of successful
programs.

Sincerely,

Todd Litman, Director
Victoria Transport Policy Institute