[sustran] Re: The Auto and its Enemies

Eric Bruun ebruun at rci.rutgers.edu
Thu May 20 03:12:05 JST 1999

Professor John Pucher, also of Rutgers University, has written a
scathing review of Professor James Dunn's book. It is forthcoming
in Transportation Quarterly, so I will not post it without
permission.

My own personal comment: I find it hard to believe that a Professor
of Political Science actually believes that "car-haters"
have political power anywhere close to what the highway lobby has
in the US. What we have today is hardly a response to the public
desires -- in fact, there are numerous examples of politicians
ignoring what the public wants.... Eric Bruun