[sustran] transport - energy - emission modeling

Harun al-Rasyid Sorah Lubis halubis at trans.si.itb.ac.id
Wed Jun 9 18:02:58 JST 1999

I am now reviewing models for predicting energy consumption and emission in
urban transport sector, and need your favour to pin point direction for some
of the following issue.

I am not sure which network traffic model includes energy consumption /
emission in the model. I noticed work by Mike Taylor ( South Australia) and
Troy Young (UC Davis) is developing such a feature into a network model
called IMPAEC,  BUT do not know the progress so far. SATURN, if I am not
mistaken, only provide fuel consumption.

Is strategic model like MEPLAN has that feature as well ? Any other
operating model better predict both energy and emission in a city-wide
basis.

Harun al-Rasyid S. Lubis             http://trans.si.itb.ac.id
Traffic Lab, Transport Engineering Division
Dept. of Civil Engineering - ITB
Jl. Ganeca 10 Bandung 40132 - Indonesia
Tel/Facs. +62 22  250 23 50  halubis at trans.si.itb.ac.id