[sustran] request for SUSTRAN-paper

Vereniging INZET inzet at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 4 22:41:08 JST 1999

Amsterdam; January 4, 1999

Dear mister Litman,

Let me start my brief letter by wishing you all the best in this
Millenium's last year. I hope this will be a fruitful, exiting and happy
year for you.

With my letter I respond to your press release of today, presenting the
double session on the economic and social impacts of automobile
dependency. One of the presentors of the session wil be mr. Walter Hook,
the author of "Road Investments, Economic Growth and Debt: lessons from
Asia and Africa.

I would like to get in touch with mr. Hook, for I am interested in the
contents of his paper. As you may remember, I contacted you on the
fourth of nevember last year. I am presently studying the trade and use
of used cars from The Netherlands to Bénin. We then briefly corresponded
and you emailed to me some of your articles. I would like to thank you
for that: your work is truly interesting and highly relevant for my
research. My question to you is the following: would it be possible for
you to either email me mr. Hook's address or to inform him about my
request?

Thanks in advance.

Yours,

J. Joost Beuving
[project staff memmber Sustainable Development]