[sustran] Sharing taxies in Mumbai

kisansbc at bom5 kisansbc at bom5.vsnl.net.in
Sat Dec 4 10:48:58 JST 1999

Dear Deepika,

Thank you for your email dated 28.11.99
for contradicting my statement that "sharing
taxies are not to be found in Mumbai", I know
of such rare examples where sharing of taxies
is formally and of autorikshaws is informally
allowed.  My contention was in reference to
Ria's query on sharing of taxies as a general
rule everywhere like in Tehran, Istanbul.  Ria
should not select Mumbai for study expecting
to see sharing of taxies everywhere.  In fact,
sharing is also practised at night after 10 pm
even in the business areas. I was happy to
observe you taking interest in other matters
in addition to Biomedical waste.  Love

				Kisan