[sustran] Transportation Investments/Land Values - The missing link

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Mon Aug 23 15:27:45 JST 1999

@Access – The Sustainable Transportation Forum at
http://www.ecoplan.org/access <http://www.ecoplan.org/access>  -  Update

1.	Linking Transportation Investments to Land Values:  At a slight
delay you will find on the @Access site now the promised summary and full
interim report on the Group Project investigating the topic of data
availability on the links between transportation investments or projects and
changes in real estate or land values in the targeted area (or others).  For
the in-process Summary for review and comment, you are invited to click the
Joint @Project link toward the top of the @Access menu, perhaps first
clicking the small red icon (ball) just before it for a quick explanation of
how all that works.

2.	Use/Share:  We hope not only that you will find this of some use,
but also that you will, if you have additional information or suggestions
for us, chose to share them with the group.  That might be done either by
commenting to this mail list, or directly to the @Access group via the mail
function there.

3.	Future Joint @Access Projects:  The present report will be held on
the site through September while we gather additional comments and
feedbacks, but as of 1 October that slot is going to come open for the next
such collaborative group investigation and discussion.  Perhaps you have
some ideas for a topic for the October program.  If so, and if too you have
some thoughts about who and how this might be moderated, please let us all
know.  This is a powerful tool, taking some of the good communications and
exchange capabilities that we have on this list a useful step further.

4.	@Access Media Program: Somewhat lower down on the left menu, you
will see a link with this title.  For the most part  these pages offer
information on some of the books, children’s books, and other media which
have been generated by the Access program over its first ten years. Most of
what we do is either free or low cost. Have a look, and if you have any
ideas for other materials that we might usefully add to this part of the
site, we will be pleased to hear from you.

5.	Voice Conferencing:  It actually works.  Click the icon and give it
a try.  Better yet, if you have a topic and are ready to moderate a group
meeting (preferably a very small one until you get the hang of how all this
pieces together), come onto the site and put these tools to work.

6.	21st Turtle:  Sound unpromising? I dunno. What not go to
http://www.ecoplan.org/21t <http://www.ecoplan.org/21t>  and decide for
yourself.  Of course if you feel that we are doing just fine on the
sustainability agenda, no sense in your wasting your time with this.

Eric Britton

ecopl at n ___  technology, economy, society  ___
postmaster at ecoplan.org           URL www.ecoplan.org
Tel: +331.4326.1323 Videoconference +331.4441.6340 (1-4)
24 hour fax/voicemail hotline: In Europe +331 5301 2896
In North America +1 888 522 6419 (toll free)