[sustran] ITDP QUARTERLY EMAIL UPDATE - SUMMER 1999

ITDP mobility at igc.apc.org
Fri Aug 6 07:50:41 JST 1999

ITDP QUARTERLY EMAIL UPDATE - SUMMER 1999

Dear ITDP friends and supporters,

The latest edition of "TransportActions," ITDP's quarterly news update,
is now available on our website.  Visit  www.ITDP.org  to see these new
articles:

- Indonesian Crisis Increases Smog, But Opens Door to Non-Motorized
Transport
- India Cycle Rickshaw Improvement Project Update
- China:  Bike Use Plummets While Promised Bus Lanes Fail to Materialize

- Organizing the Bicycle Industry to Tackle Tariffs
- ITDP Investigates Bulgarian Connection
- Creating Jobs With Bikes in Haiti
- Panama's Corredor Sur: Still a Bad Idea

It's been an exciting year in sustainable transport advocacy, and the
upcoming issue of Sustainable Transport magazine (#10), appearing in
mid-September, will reflect that.  Among the featured topics in ST#10
are:

- a sustainable transport system success story in Quito, Ecuador
- women leading the sustainable transport advocacy movement in Tunisia
- Bulgaria and the geopolitics of Caspian Sea oil
- taking bicycles seriously in Brazil and South Africa

Our 1998 Annual Report has also recently been printed.  You will soon be
able to read it in Adobe .PDF format on our website, or you can contact
us to have a printed copy mailed to you.

Please note, we are in the process of consolidating our mailing list,
which we use solely for this quarterly email update.  If you know
someone who would like to be on our mailing list, or if you would like
to be taken off, please contact us at  mobility at igc.org.

Sustainably yours,

Daniel Lerch
ITDP Administrative Director

--
Access ITDP's New Website: www.ITDP.org
The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy