[sustran] Developments in Mobility Management

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Fri Sep 4 17:45:29 JST 1998

Dear Ms. Bradshaw,

May I suggest this as a fair and possibly efficient means for your
update of your 'State-of-the-Art' review under the MOSAIC program.
I mention this because I firmly believe that all exchanges of this
sort should be two way streams; otherwise they are neither fair
nor, ultimately, very efficient.

Why don't you post your original review is some nice easy to
access place, and then invite the public comments, etc. in a way
in which they come both to you and to anyone else who might be
interested?  Does that seem like an idea?

If so, you may have your own site in mind, though I would surely
love to be a Sustran exercise (since they are doing so very much
for us and thus deserve our real collaboration).  Otherwise, we
could handle the whole business on our public interest Web site
(The Commons), replete with the WebBoard that has been deviled for
just such interactive purposes.

With all good wishes for the success of your project,

Eric Britton

PS. An additional and very real benefit of such a drill is that it
tends to get the content out and around in a very lively way -- as
opposed to reports which often either get buried by bureaucracies,
if not already buried by the verboseness and lack of focus of
their busy authors.  Then too, all of this can be carried out
without a price tag and -- while we're at it -- in a genuinely
sustainable  manner. And that should count for something.

21st Turtle

EcoPlan International - Technology, Economy, Society
Le Frene, 8/10 rue Joseph Bara, F-75006 Paris, France
Tel.  +33 (0) 1 4326.1323 or +33 (0) 1 4441.6340
Fax  +33 (0) 1 4441.6341 or +33 (0) 1 4326.1323
ISDN/videoconferencing/groupwork: +33 (0) 1 4441.6340 (1-4)
ICQ # 7147909            Mobile: +33 (0) 607 37 77 98
Email: postmaster at ecoplan.org   URL: http://www.ecoplan.org