[sustran] Pedestrians problems

David Sucher dsucher at citycomforts.com
Fri Sep 4 13:45:45 JST 1998

Taiichi INOUE <t4-inoue at nri.co.jp> wrote:

>Now I have a project on pedestrian problems. Our main purpose is to know
>how to make our city more pedestrian-friendly. I mean, how should we design
>the streets and how should we set the information signs for pedestrians?
>
>If you know any reports or guidelines on this problem, will you let me know?
>for example, are there some guidelines which are used when the
>pedestrian-friendly transit mall is designed?
>
>Drink globally, Eat locally.
>
> Consultant
> Taiichi Inoue
>  Transport & Logistics System Strategy.
>  Nomura Research Institute,Ltd.
>  2-2-1,Ootemachi,Chiyoda-ku,
>  Tokyo 100,JAPAN
>  tel +81-3-5203-0806 fax +81-3-5203-0810
>  Website  http://www.nri.co.jp/

***

You might be interested in my book City Comforts: How to Build an Urban
Village.
It explains the essentials.

You can find out more at http://www.citycomforts.com

And by the way, the book is being translated into Japanese; I think the
translation is almost done and should be printed sometime soon.

Cheers,
David Sucher