[sustran] Stop engine at the intersections

ITDP mobility at igc.apc.org
Wed Sep 2 01:42:31 JST 1998

This idea of stopping engines briefly to reduce air pollution is not a
good idea.  While I don't have the figures, I'm pretty sure the
emissions generated by stopping and starting the engine again are
considerably greater than the emissions generated by hot idling.

Regards,
Walter Hook

--
Access ITDP's New Website: www.ITDP.org
The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy