[sustran] [sustran] fuel additive

remonde at gsilink.com remonde at gsilink.com
Sat Oct 31 18:27:23 JST 1998

Dear SUSTRAN friends,

Wonder if someone can help verify this: last night, a friend told me
about a fuel additive (i guess that's what it's called) that is to be
used on old cars whose engines can't shift to unleaded gasoline. When
this substance is added, any engine that runs on gasoline can run on
unleaded.

I hope i'll get more information about this. A local (Philippines)
petroleum company is going to launch this 'substance' this coming
week. According to my source the fuel additive is being widely used
abroad (she mentioned the UK). It will make a shift to unleaded fuel
easy, and the petroleum companies will have no problem complying with
a possible total phase out of leaded gasoline.

For Philippine subscribers, you may find it interesting that the fuel
additive will be introduced in an island province next month, and
that leaded gasoline will not be available anylonger in that province
once the fuel additive has been introduced.

Has anyone heard of this type of fuel additive? Is it being used in
Europe or other countries where leaded gasoline has already been
phased out? Is it harmless?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Marit Stinus-Remonde