[sustran] Information on motorcycle emissions in Delhi

tkpb at barter.pc.my tkpb at barter.pc.my
Wed Oct 21 14:29:36 JST 1998

Dear Nguyen Le Ninh

You wrote:
>From: Nguyen Le Ninh <evb87298 at ait.ac.th>
>To: tkpb at barter.pc.my
>Subject: information
>
>Dear Sir
>You are so kind if sending me background information (historical review)
>on motorcycle emmision and its contribution to overall air quality in
>Dehli for my study proposal
>Thank you very much for your asisstance and I am looking forward to
>hearing from you soon
>
>Your sincerely
>Nguyen Le ninh
>Asian Institute of Technology
>PO.Box 4 Klongluang Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
>Mail Box 1037

I am sorry for being a little slow to reply.   I do not have the specific
information that you want but I have a few suggestions that may help.

Perhaps you could try visiting SUSTRAN's web site
(http://www.geocities.com/Rainforest/Canopy/2853) . There you will find a
listing of contacts on sustainable transport in Asia. Some of them may be
useful to you.

You might also consider joining the sustran-discuss list which is an email
list devoted to discussion of urban transport in Asia.  Instructions on how
to join are on the web site.  I am cc'ing this reply to the list.  Perhaps
someone from the sustran-discuss list will contact you directly with some
suggestions.

A past contribution to the sustran-discuss list has been put onto another
web site:
It is by Madhav Govind Badami:   go to  http://www.ecoplan.org , where you
have to link to the Zero Emissions I conference, and from thence to 'The
Podium' ... it is probably under the title Zero Emissions Realities in a
Diverse and Conflicted World: The Very Ordinary Problem of Motorcycles in
Cities

Perhaps you already know of Madhav Badami in University of British Columbia
in Vancouver who is knowledgeable on motorcycles in Delhi and his email
address is: badami at interchange.ubc.ca

Another person who is doing research on motorcycles in Asian cities
(Indonesia in particular) is Harun Al Rasyid Sorah Lubis"
<halubis at trans.si.itb.ac.id> who is at ITB in Bandung, Indonesia.

Best wishes,

A. Rahman Paul BARTER,
SUSTRAN Resource Centre
P.O. Box 11501
50748 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Phone: +603 274 2590 (or fax on request)
E-mail: <sustran at po.jaring.my> or <tkpb at barter.pc.my> (personal)

The SUSTRAN Resource Centre hosts the Secretariat of SUSTRAN (the
Sustainable Transport Action Network for Asia & the Pacific).