[sustran] Sellective interntional WebRing for leading transport policy and practice sites

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Thu Nov 19 02:01:49 JST 1998

To: Wendell Cox

Thanks for telling us about your article.  I had a look at both it
and your WebSite and found both to be impressive. As I pondered
it, the following thought came to mind.

For our CarShare Consortium we have set up the beginnings of a
WebRing which we are now trying to develop in a most selective
manner to bring together only the leading sites that deal with
these issues (You can see it in its present incomplete but still
barebones operational
http://www.ecoplan.org/carshare/cs_index.htm).

We are considering doing something along these lines with the more
general topic of, call it, "alternative or critical thinking about
transportation policy and practices" via our World Transport
Policy and Practice WebSite (at http://www.ecoplan.org/World
Transport Policy and Practice).  Might you wish to have The Public
Purpose  among the first to join our loop?

I am placing this note here in public just in case others of you
might have some suggestions along these lines.  Once again, we
wish to be highly selective, and certainly we would want no more
than a couple of handfuls of the leading sources of such thinking
on the Ring. There are plenty of monster lists of institutions and
groups out there on the Net, but here we would like to focus a
bit.

Eric Britton

EcoPlan -- Technology, Economy, Society
Le Frene, 8/10 rue Joseph Bara, F-75006 Paris, France
Videoconferencing/groupwork: +331 4441.6340 (1-4)