[sustran] Water Transport

Colin Palmer COLINPALMER at compuserve.com
Fri Mar 27 07:16:44 JST 1998

Dear Sustrans Colleagues,

I am very interested in the role that water transport can play in providing
access for rural people and as a low energy, sustainable transport mode.

At the moment I have a particular need for information on the water
transport initiatives in Bangkok (to add to an article that I wrote in
response to Brian William's request to sustrans members.)

In the longer term, I would be interested to hear from anyone in the
network who has an interest in water trasnport, or who knows of any
projects or examples of situations where traditional water transport is
being lost to 'modern' modes.

Colin Palmer

Water Transport Consultant
Bristol