[sustran] Re: sustran-discuss V1 #159

Tamim Raad raad at unixg.ubc.ca
Wed Mar 4 03:13:02 JST 1998

Hi Brian,

>    In my view, 95% of "corporate sustainable anything"
>initiatives are PR smoke and mirrors operations.  I think in
>transport, there is one glaring exception (Toyota Motors
>Foundation in Japan...see me for data) but by and large, it
>is all image-building.  In the case of Shell, my independent

Could you explain this?  What exactly is Toyota doing that is so different
than the rest?  I know they're pouring lots of cash into 'green' cars, but
they're still primarily a car company.

Can you tell us exactly what types of activities the foundation engages in?

Also, I may be interested in any data you might have, but would like to
know what exactly types of data you have.

Thanks,

Tamim.
Tamim Raad
School of Community and Regional Planning
University of British Columbia
Tel: (604) 739-2146
Email: raad at unixg.ubc.ca