[sustran] Sorry for spam confusion

Paul Barter tkpb at barter.pc.my
Wed Jun 24 12:35:17 JST 1998

Dear sustran-discussers

Sorry for the confusion over what I meant by "spam".  I certainly was not
referring to the Carbusters messages or the announcement from John
Whitelegg on the World Transport Policy and Practice journal.  These are
certainly within the mission statement of the list, and relevant
announcements like those are most welcome!!!   If the new anti-spam
measures accidentally catch such messages, then I can manually resubmit
them to the list, so don't worry.

The kind of spam that worried me was one that was totally unrelated to
transport and which came from someone who is not even subscribed to the
list (it was about "Medical Supplies....").

Best wishes,
Paul.

A. Rahman Paul BARTER,
SUSTRAN Resource Centre
A0602 Palm Court, Brickfields, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Phone: +603 274 2590 (or fax on request)
E-mail: <sustran at po.jaring.my> or <tkpb at barter.pc.my> (personal)

The SUSTRAN Resource Centre hosts the Secretariat of SUSTRAN (the
Sustainable Transport Action Network for Asia & the Pacific).