[sustran] Sorry about advertising

J.H. Crawford joel at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 23 21:03:18 JST 1998

I don't know if this relates to the "spam" that people are talking about,
but I don't really think that Randy Ghent's announcement was spam.
I have, myself, posted a similar announcement about Carfree Times here,
and not received any complaints. As a matter of fact, the new issue
just went on line at:

	http://www.carfree.com/cft/i006_qz.html

I think Randy's announcement was appropriate for this news group, and
I would hope that people would feel the same way about my announcing
Carfree Times. (I, also, wouldn't do this more than once a year.)

If people think that this sort of thing is spam, then maybe we need
to discuss our ground rules a little.

>> Sorry about the recent spam (unsolicited email advertising) and the
>> subscription request that got onto the list.
>
>If you're referring to us, we're sorry, but we only had the idea to
>announce our magazine because we saw John Whitegg--you can see I'm
>scapegoating him here--had posted a similar announcement on the list for
>his journal. Of course, many people on the list would probably be
>interested in both publications, so I don't know if the word "spam" is
>applicable.
>
>We didn't plan to make a regular habit of sending such announcements, but
>let us know if once was too much.

                                          ###

J.H. Crawford    Crawford Systems    joel at xs4all.nl    http://www.carfree.com/