[sustran] Publication

Dr.Rajeev Saraf sarafrk at cbme.iitd.ernet.in
Tue Jun 9 16:29:50 JST 1998

The latest issue of "survey of the environment 98" (published annually)
by
Hindu newspaper is just out. It has three three articles by
Transportation Research and Injury Prevention programme (TRIPP), IIT
Delhi associates. The articles deal with wide ranging transportation
options for developing countries including road safety, environment and
safety issues. I hope this should be a beginning of our campaign and
advocacy for sustainable transport policies.
The articles are:
"Heterogenous cities: limits of paradigms"  - by geetam tiwari
"Smokeless vehicles : for a cleaner future" - by prof. dinesh mohan
"third world traffic: alternative approaches" - by Rajeev Saraf
"curitiba: Where buses hold sway" - by Jonas Rabinovitch

We will try to get these articles on the net if possible.

Dr Rajeev Saraf                 |
Urban and Transport Planner     |
SENIOR PROJECT SCIENTIST        |      PHONE : 91-11-6858703
APPLIED SYSTEM RESEARCH PROGRAM |      EMAIL : sarafrk at cbme.iitd.ernet.in
IIT DELHI 110016                |      FAX   : 91-11-6862037
INDIA                           |