[sustran] motorcycles and congestion

Eric Bruun ebruun at rci.rutgers.edu
Tue Jul 14 01:56:15 JST 1998

Walter,

I think this subject came up recently on this same user group.
Check your saved files, if you keep them. But I am also
passing this along to someone who might have some
data.

But one caution about using PCUs and vehicles per unit lane
width for bicycles and motorcycles. They can move in a variety
of patterns, from complete chaos to moving in a wing formation,
similar to fighter aircraft. Also, capacity can be increased
by non-legal habits such as driving on sidewalks, between
waiting cars and straight into intersections without waiting,
and a host of other tricks.

Eric Bruun