[sustran] transport article solicitation

Nabornetdp at aol.com Nabornetdp at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 22:21:38 JST 1998

<< Subj:	 [sustran] transport article solicitation
 Date:	98-02-25 04:12:09 EST
 From:	Brian.Williams at unchs.org
 Sender:	owner-sustran-discuss at jca.ax.apc.org
 Reply-to:	sustran-discuss at jca.ax.apc.org
 To:	sustran-discuss at jca.ax.apc.org

 Dear Friends,

      As many of you may recall, I recently put out a request
 on the SUSTRAN network for articles on sustainable transport
 issues in developing countries for inclusion in UNCHS's
 upcoming issue of HABITAT DEBATE.  This particular issue will
 be devoted exclusively to transport.

      While many people have responded, we still have three or
 four slots open.  To reiterate, I had requested short
 articles (1200 word or less) hopefully accompanied by some
 graphics or photos, presenting the issue of transport
 vis-a-vis the issue of sustainable human settlements.  The
 focus of attention can be urban or rural.  The articles can
 be in a case-study format or more of a theoretical nature.

      For those who have tentatively agreed to do articles
 (and many of you have), I would simply request that you send
 me tentative titles with a one-sentence description of the
 content for approval by our editorial board.  It is just a
 formality but an important one and needs to be done ASAP.

     Thanks and regards,

 Brian

 Brian Williams, Human Settlements Officer
 United Nations Centre for Human Settlements (HABITAT)
 Research and Development Division
 P.O. Box 30030, Nairobi, Kenya
 TEL: (254 2) 623-916
 FAX: (254 2) 624-265
 EMAIL: brian.williams at unchs.org

Dear Brain,

For  transport article  synopses, please click
<A HREF="http://www.ecogard.com/news.html">EcoGard International: Today's News
</A> .
Another source may be
<A HREF="http://www.aracopy.com/ara_index.cfm?frames=on">Article Resource
Association</A> . Feel free to use any of the articles featured (or parts
thereof).

Good luck, Daniel Prins, EcoGard International