[sustran] transport article solicitation

Brian.Williams at unchs.org Brian.Williams at unchs.org
Wed Feb 25 17:31:48 JST 1998

Dear Friends,

     As many of you may recall, I recently put out a request
on the SUSTRAN network for articles on sustainable transport
issues in developing countries for inclusion in UNCHS's
upcoming issue of HABITAT DEBATE.  This particular issue will
be devoted exclusively to transport.

     While many people have responded, we still have three or
four slots open.  To reiterate, I had requested short
articles (1200 word or less) hopefully accompanied by some
graphics or photos, presenting the issue of transport
vis-a-vis the issue of sustainable human settlements.  The
focus of attention can be urban or rural.  The articles can
be in a case-study format or more of a theoretical nature.

     For those who have tentatively agreed to do articles
(and many of you have), I would simply request that you send
me tentative titles with a one-sentence description of the
content for approval by our editorial board.  It is just a
formality but an important one and needs to be done ASAP.

    Thanks and regards,

Brian

Brian Williams, Human Settlements Officer
United Nations Centre for Human Settlements (HABITAT)
Research and Development Division
P.O. Box 30030, Nairobi, Kenya
TEL: (254 2) 623-916
FAX: (254 2) 624-265