[sustran] International conference at AIT

Hajime Inamura inamura at plan.civil.tohoku.ac.jp
Tue Feb 17 09:45:38 JST 1998

Inamura@ Tohoku-U wrote,

Dear Colleague,

I have received the mail below from Prof. Balasubramaniam at AIT. I think some
of you have already got the same mail directly. However, I would like again to
ask you to participate the conference.

Although the conference covers all fields of Civil & Environmental Engineering,
however, this is a special message to the persons in the transportation
planning/engineering field. I will act as a member of the steering committee of
the conference. I would be most grateful if you would kindly support this
Conference and fill in the Preliminary Registration Form and return to me.
I will summarize the list of participants in our transportation field and send
it Prof, Bala.

With warmest regards

Hajime Inamura

*****************************

				Geotechnical Engineering Program
					       February 16, 1998

Dear

	Transportation Engineering Anniversary Event
	Civil & Environmental Engineering Conference
	New Frontiers & Challenges, 8-12 November 1999

The Transportation Engineering Program at AIT is very pleased to seek your
valuable assistance and attendance related to the 40th Year Anniversary
Conference which will be held at AIT from 8-12 November 1999. Over the last
39 years, the current and past faculty in this program include: Dr. Yordphol
Tanaboriboon, Prof. Hisa Morisugi, Dr. Jian-Shiuh Chen, Dr. Nakatsuji, Prof.
John Hugh Jones, Prof. Hajime Inamura, Prof. Shimazaki, Dr. T. Murata, Dr.
Kazuaki Miyamoto, Dr.Koji Kuroda, Prof. Donald R. Drew, Dr. David Andreassend,
etc.

The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), The Japanese Society of Civil
Engineers (JSCE), The Korean Society of Civil Engineers (KSCE), The
Institution of Civil Engineers, London (ICE), The Institution of Engineers,
Malaysia (IEM), The Engineering Institute of Canada (EIC), The Institute of
Engineers, Sri Lanka (IESL), The Institution of Engineers, Singapore (IES),
The Institution of Engineers, India (IEI) and The Institution of Engineers,
Australia (IEA) have also agreed to co-sponsor this major event.

As we have mentioned before, the Institute maintains its international status
with a community of teachers and students from some forty or more countries
spread from Japan to USA via Asia. There are now more than 8000 Alumni with
Master and Doctoral Degrees and the Transportation Engineering Program
exceeds a few hundred. They come from Thailand, Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan,
Hong Kong, Philippines, Vietnam, Burma, Laos, Malaysia, Nepal, Bhutan,
Cambodia, Indonesia, Singapore, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan,  Afghanistan,
Iran etc. A few Alumni also come from Europe, South America, Australia and
some African countries. In a similar manner, our teaching faculty now and in
the past come from U.S.A, Canada, U.K, Germany, France, Denmark, Sweden,
Norway, Finland,  Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Italy,
Israel, Nigeria, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Philippines,
Australia, Korea, Taiwan and Japan.

Thus, the 40th Year Anniversary and the associated Conference is an important
event. It is intended that the Transportation Engineering Program will have a
unique opportunity to have an International Activity in this important
Conference. The complete program will include topics on Transportation System
Management, Public Transportation and Policy, Transportation and the
Environment, Pavement Engineering and Methods, Private Sector Frequency of
Roads, Socio-economic Aspects of Transportation Investment, Traffic
Management, Road Safety Modelling, Road Safety Devices, Road Crash
Countermeasures, Air and Noise Pollution, Strategies for Safer Road
Management, Application of Safety Audit, etc.

We would be most grateful if you would kindly support this Conference and
fill in the Preliminary Registration Form and return to us so that we can
go ahead with our extensive planning. Indeed, we are most grateful to you
for your kind help and cooperation.

Meanwhile, good wishes.

Sincerely yours,

A.S. Balasubramaniam
Chair Professor
Geotechnical Engineering Program
E-mail:<bala at ait.ac.th>
(Visit our SEAGS and AIT website at - http://www.sce.ait.ac.th/ge-seags)

			School of Civil Engineering, AIT
				  Conference on
	Civil and Environmental Engineering - New Frontiers & Challenges,
			       08-12 November 1999

Name :_______________________________________________________________
Position / Organisation :____________________________________________
Mailing Address : ___________________________________________________
Fax:_______________________ E-mail: _________________________________

Please check :		I am interested in submitting an abstract?  Y / N
			I am Interested in presenting a paper? Y / N
The tentativetitle is : _____________________________________________

I plan to attend the Conference : 		Y / N

Send me additional information about hotel:	Y / N

Please return this completed from to:

Prof. A.S. Balasubramaniam
Chair Professor
Geotechnical Engineering Program
Asian Institute of Technology
P.O. Box 4, Klongluang, Pathumthani 12120
THAILAND
Fax: (66 2) 516 2126
Email: <bala4 at ait.ac.th>

Committed to Excellence in Teaching, Excellence in Research, Excellence in
Professional Activities and Excellence in Interpersonal Relations.

Hajime INAMURA  inamura at plan.civil.tohoku.ac.jp
Phone:+81-22-217-7492  Facsimile:+81-22-217-7494
Web  :http://www.plan.civil.tohoku.ac.jp
Department of Civil Engineering,
Graduate School of Information Sciences,
Tohoku University,
Aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai, 980-77, JAPAN