[sustran] Research and Technology E-forums

Tish Nettleship pnettleship at nettleship.com
Tue Feb 17 03:25:10 JST 1998

The APTA Research and Technology Committees have posted websites
covering a broad variety of research and technology sharing activities.
We invite you to this site to learn of our work and to solicit your
opinions and knowledge.  We have just opened our electronic forums for
use.  Please come and be among the very first users!

 E-Forums have been created for the following topics:

ADVOCACY- GRANTS   Anyone interested in participating in activities to
promote funding of research activities (through legislative action or
grants sources) is invited to  or

ALTERNATIVE FUELS:- This site will tie you into APTA's Alternative Fuels
Committee

EDUCATION AND RESEARCH DISSEMINATION: Give us your ideas for APTA
programs dealing with research or technology topics.  Let us know if
you've heard a terrific speaker we might use.  This group also addresses
professional capacity building opportunities, etc.

EXTERNAL LIAISON:  This portionof our website links us to the outside
world.  Please let us know of other organizations we might want to link.
APTA members are also undertaking joint research projects with other
organizations.  If you have a joint project to suggest, let us know on
this e-forum site.

NEW VISIONS FOR TRANSIT: Mobility 21 and New Paradigms for
Transportation reports can be requested here.  We welcome comments on
any of the current research projects we have underway and suggestions of
others to be performed.

HERE'S HOW TO VISIT WITH US via E-FORUMS:

>From the APTA website http://www.apta.com  - SELECT COMMITTEES

SELECT:	RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY

SELECT	OVERVIEW

SELECT	THE TOPIC AREAS OF YOUR INTEREST FROM THE SIDEBAR ON LEFT SIDE
OF SCREEN

SELECT	AFTER READING THE COMMITTEES' INFORMATION, SELECT THE E-FORUM(S)