[sustran] becaks in Jakarta

Pascal Desmond pascal at mail.gn.apc.org
Wed Aug 5 02:35:08 JST 1998

Many thanks Bambang

However, I need a postal address, please.

>Pascal Desmond wrote:
>>
>> Can someone post the address of the most respected newspaper in Jakarta,
>> please.
>>
>> Many thanks.
>
>Most newspapers are in Indonesian though, here some I know and the most
>popular:	kompas		www.kompas.com
>		republika	www.republika.co.id
>		suarapembaruan  www.suarapembaruan.com
>For a rather complete list of all newspaper, magazines etc. click on
>this:
>	www.iit.edu/~indonesia/jendela
>

>Bambang Susantono
>CAL, Berkeley
>

>> Kind regards,
>> Pascal.

Kind regards,
Pascal.

"Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can change the world,
indeed it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead, (1901-78)

Thanks to the legal eagles at the RAC, here is a very nice piece of the law
(sadly, unreferenced):
"There is a fine of up to £2,500 and as many as 9 penalty points available
for any motorist who drives through a puddle and splashes pedestrians".
It is advisable that anyone who gets splashed should have at least two
independent witnesses, and have one of the nice, shiny CCTV cameras
pointing at you Š and don't forget that
"Police are required not to show 'favour or affection' towards some and
'malice or ill-will' towards others" (Police Act 1964, section 18 and
Second Schedule).