[sustran] Fuel Consumption Effects of I/M Programs

Christopher Zegras chris at mailnet.rdc.cl
Tue Apr 28 04:00:12 JST 1998

Dear friends,

Various references mention that Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance (I/M)
Programs can bring about reductions in vehicle fuel consumption on the order
of 2-10%.  Is anyone familiar with I/M Programs that have had a component
aimed specifically at addressing vehicle fuel efficiency?

I am trying to determine what the additional cost would be to a vehicle I/M
Program, to have a component that would explicitly address vehicle fuel
consumption, and estimate what the expected benefits might be.

Any references, contacts, and other information would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Chris Zegras

 Christopher Zegras       http://www.iiec.org                 /\   /^\
 Instituto Internacional para la Conservacion de Energia /^\ /_o\ /   \
 General Flores 150, Providencia, Santiago, CHILE       /^^^/_\< /^^^^^\
 Tel: (56 2) 236 9232 Fax: 236 9233                    /   (*)/(*)      \