[sustran] city bikes/free bikes

Heath Maddox heathm at uclink4.berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 21 04:34:02 JST 1998

Greetings Fellow Sustranslings:

I am a cyclist and grad student in transportation planning at UC Berkeley.
I  am currently researching community "free" bicycle programs.   Most
information I have  come across has been anecdotal and not very in-depth  I
have been in contact with a few individual sustrans people on this topic,
but since it came up in general discussion anyway, I thought I'd put out a
wider call  for help..  Is there any hard data or analysis of such programs
out there anywhere?  If not, more anecdotal information, contact info. or
internet links would also be helpful. Thank you very much,

Heath Maddox
Department of City and Regional Planning
University of California, Berkeley