[sustran] Coherent transport systems

Eric Bruun ebruun at rci.rutgers.edu
Fri Apr 3 23:18:32 JST 1998

I have lived in Norway for four years, and I must say, there is
not much you can learn about making livable communities or
coherent transportation systems from the US. If we had any
sense we would be coming to you to learn.

Nevertheless, you might want to start with the Transportation
Action Network website, http://www.transact.org

Also, the National Transit Institute has a
course in "Coordinating Transportation and Land Use" that
is taught by some of the best academic talent in the US.
If you had the money to travel to attend, you would learn
the state of the practice. I believe I have an e-mail
version of the course description. If I find it in my
overflowing files I will forward it to you.

If you need more ideas, contact me again.

Eric Bruun